TULSA, OK â€“ The Green Party of Oklahoma endorsed J. M. Branumâ€™s independent candidacy for House District #99 at its 5th annual state convention on August 19th.
The convention was held in Tulsa and was attended by party members from Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Porum, Ft. Gibson, and Norman. The state partyâ€™s endorsement decision followed the Oklahoma County Green partyâ€™s decision to endorse Branum at their August 13th meeting.
Joni Leviness, convention participant from Tulsa, said about Branumâ€™s campaign, â€œI support him because his campaign issues are true issues he cares about and are not just campaign slogans. I know that Oklahoma would be well-represented by him.â€
Green Party of Oklahoma 5th Annual State Convention and meeting of the GPOK Cooperative Council
August 19, 2006 in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Members participating: Rachel Jackson (Rural Oklahoma), James M. Branum (Okla. County), Doug Vincent (Okla. County), Ben Alpers (Cleveland County), Cynthia Wilson (Okla. County), Huti Reynolds (Green Country), Jean McMahon (Green Country), Joni LeViness (Green Country)
Guests present: Paul Tay & ??? (Libertarian guy’s name?)
All Oklahoma Green Party members and friends are invited to our 5th Annual Green Party state convention.
The convention will be held at Saffron’s Coffeeshop (more info at www.saffroncoffee.com, 1148 S. Harvard) in Tulsa, from 12-3 p.m. on Saturday, August 19th.
Potential agenda items for the meeting at this time include:
1. Consideration of the endorsement of J. M. Branum for State House, District #99
2. Discussion of other potential endorsements
3. Discussion on a GPOK candidate questionnaire
4. Discussion on ballot access reform
5. A report on the 2006 Annual National Meeting
6. Consideration of a proposed “GPOK Bicycle/Mass Transit Legislative Agenda” (also if others have proposals for consideration, please send them to me asap so i can make sure we have copies of the proposals at the meeting)
Hope to see y’all there! Continue reading
If you are interested in meeting with Pottawatomie County greens then please email me, Gregg Dickson, at email@example.com
I am planning a number of activities to launch a Greens Party here in Pott. Co. (Shawnee, Tecumseh, etc.) including voter registration drives, writing a platform, and meeting with Pott. Co. politicians to make them aware of Green issues.